Make sure you understand the projects included in the November 4, 2014 ballot question and encourage your friends and family to do the same!
Video also available on YouTube.
Watched the video? There is something you can do!
Next step is to learn about the roads referendum:
November 4, 2014 Ballot Question will increase the sales tax by one cent to fund:
- Road Improvements ($297.8 MM)
- Bridge Projects ($27.8 MM)
- Pedestrian Amenities ($47.6 MM)
- Resurfacing ($300 MM)
- Total $673.2 MM collected over a period not to exceed 8 years
- The entire list of projects has been established and is listed in the ballot question, and the list cannot be changed.
- Clemson Professor Dr David Hughes calculates that this one cent tax will cost an average household $120 per year, which is $4 per person per month
There are 100 Bike Walk Projects included in the referendum
- 78 of these projects provide Safe Routes to 54 different Schools
- New Bike Lanes are added on Roe Ford Road and on Augusta Street
- Two new Swamp Rabbit Trail sections:
- Pleasantburg Drive to ICAR
- Downtown Simpsonville to Heritage Park
Help us get the word out about this election, share this page with your friends and family!